Name of the Event: TechDays 2017
Location: Parque de Exposições de Aveiro (Aveiro Exhibition Park)
Date: October 12th to 14th , 2017
Organization: Aveiro City Council (co-organized with University of Aveiro, Telecommunication Institute, INOVARIA Business Association, TICE.PT and Sustainable Habitat)
TECHDAYS brings together companies, research units, entrepreneurs, creatives and the general public on the same stage – the city of Aveiro – to discuss and experience the future. It is an event that affirms the excellence of the work developed in Portugal in Research & Development & Innovation. This event assumes itself a space for debate on topics very relevant to our industry, and this year’s edition will highlight the presence of the main national and international specialties in areas of relevant interest associated with the use of technology. And because TECHNOLOGY also means entertainment, TECHDAYS will also incorporate activities in the area of GAMING, ROBOTICS, YOUTUBERS and EDUCATION for SCIENCE, assuming itself as an event destined to a very wide and heterogeneous public that shares the same passion for Technology.
One of TECHDAYS’ main objectives is for the event to be taken as a platform that guarantees the creation of interfaces between the academic world, represented by universities and R & D & I institutes, and the business world, represented by associations, clusters and companies. It is in this sense that, in the 2017 edition, are created different Business Meetings that will foster the creation of new business partnerships and the development of projects in co-promotion.
Thus, with a diversified structure of activities, in TECHDAYS 2017 will include:
- More than 120 companies and exhibitors, including: ALTICE LABs, BOSCH, CROSSJOIN, ANACOM, SIEMENS, HUAWEI, FRAUNHOFER or AIRC, ERICSSON or VISIBEIRA GLOBAL and National Clusters like TICE.PT, Cluster Habitat Sustainable, INOVCluster or Cluster of the Portuguese Sea.
- Various CONFERENCES and WORKSHOPS;
- Speed Recruitment.
Conferences, Workshops and Other Activities
Highlights on October 12th:
- Opening Session with the presence of the President of the Aveiro City Council José Ribau Esteves, the Dean of the University of Aveiro Manuel Asunção, the CTO of Altice / MEO Alexandre Fonseca and the European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas;
- Workshop Aveiro 5G City with the presence of Adrian Matei of ERICSSON;
- Telecommunication Institute Conference – 25 years that will be attended by Martin Cooper, Manuel Heitor or Upkar Dhaliwal, among others;
- InterAveiro Qualify Meetings: These meetings will give entrepreneurs the opportunity to present their business, establish new partnerships and strategic alliances, exchange contacts and identify business opportunities. Meetings between Portuguese businessmen and importers from Germany, USA, France will be organized and scheduled by AIDA, as requested and will last 10 minutes / company; *
- Business Opportunities in Emerging Markets: The Municipality of Aveiro, in partnership with AICEP Portugal Global, will organize the sessions “Business Opportunities in External Markets“, which will take place on October 12th and 13th. It is intended to give the opportunity to our entrepreneurs to know the business opportunities that exist in foreign markets in which AICEP Portugal has delegations. Business owners will have the opportunity for one hour to establish direct contact through videoconference with the AICEP point of contact in these markets and obtain relevant information about their economy, their opportunities and legal conditions to address each of these markets.
Highlights on October 13th:
- The 1st AIDA International Business Congress takes place at TECHDAYS and its main goal is to promote support for the internationalization of companies and the increase of bilateral economic relations between Portugal and Germany, the U.S., and France. The Congress will consist of two panels, moderated and integrated by individuals from the political, economic and business areas that will address, as central issues, “Trends and challenges in internationalization” and “Investment, growth and business cooperation“; **
- The B2B TECHDAYS 2017 event aims to promote bilateral meetings of the participants with companies and other entities from diverse sectors, to know their activities, products and services and to create opportunities and partnerships for business or innovation. ***
Highlights on October 14th:
- The “MADE INAveiro” Conference will be attended by speakers from different areas of knowledge, who will share with the audience their business and scientific research projects. The only common denominator is that all the speakers at this conference are alumni of the University of Aveiro. Among the confirmed speakers were: Antero Ferreira (Senior Product Manager at farfetch.com), Cláudio Jesus (Executive President at Águas de Portugal Internacional), Catarina Simões (General Manager at Last2Ticket) and Sofia Nunes (Gerontologist at the Social Solidarity Association of Gafanha do Carmo);
- TECHDAYS Speed Recruitment: This activity consists of a meeting between employers and jobseekers or people looking for new professional challenges through mini-interviews of 9 minutes. It aims to the (self) presentation of candidates to at least 5 companies present, making use of their ” brand “, and there are already dozens of identified job opportunities; ****
- Youbattle On Tour – in an event dedicated to the young, the presence of the youtubers WINDOH and PI is highlighted.
For more information on the event and the complete program, visit the official website: techdays.pt
* Event co-financed by COMPETE 2020, Portugal 2020 and the European Union through the ERDF. Entrepreneurs interested in participating should establish contact by email email@example.com and indicate the market (s).
More information at: http://congressointernacionalnegocios.aida.pt/
** Event co-financed by COMPETE 2020, Portugal 2020 and the European Union through the ERDF.
*** The participants registered in the B2B event have direct access to all the activities of TECHDAYS Aveiro 2017, being able to directly schedule and accept the meetings in this web space.
Registration and more information at: http://techdays.talkb2b.net/
**** Interested parties can make their registration through the following form: Registration Form.